|Job Type||Communications IT Operations Administration|
|Location||Dublin and the East|
|Salary||Salary scale commences at €24,000 (39 hours per week). Salary will be commensurate with experience and number of hours worked, currently 19.5 hours per week for this position.|
|Application Form/Job Description||
PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT FOR: Employment Application Form Venue Administrator
Please return a cover letter and completed application form to:
CEO, Outhouse Community Resource Centre 105 Capel Street, Dublin 1 Or [email protected]
Closing date for receipt of Cover Letter and Completed Application Form
6pm Friday, 31st May 2019
CV’s will not be considered.
The terms of our funding stipulate that the successful candidate for this post must be currently in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection. The successful candidate will be required to provide written confirmation of the above (from the Department of Social Protection) prior to employment commencing.
Overview: Outhouse is a community and resource centre owned by and operating on behalf of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community. Outhouse Mission is to provide a safe space that facilitates and encourages the growth of services and supports to the LGBT community. The Centre provides a ‘safe space’ for people to meet, build friendships, and develop support networks and interest groups within a stated and practiced ethos of respect.
Purpose of Role
The Venue Administrator will be responsible for all venue related administration, supporting the Operations & Development Manager to maximise venue usage and revenues.
• Venue Administration
• Venue Finance
• Venue Logistics
• Receive and record all venue bookings (venue log-book and calendar).
• Administration of all documentation relating to venue bookings (venue booking forms, insurance, request for catering, use of alcohol etc.).
• Reception, Information & Signposting (cover).
• Raising (SAGE) and issuing venue (including catering) invoices and follow up of overdue / outstanding invoices.
• Raising (SAGE) and issuing facilities (office, P.O. Box, lockers etc.) invoices and follow up of overdue / outstanding invoices.
• Ensuring copies of all Office Licensee’s insurance policies are up to date and on file.
• Coordination and logistics of venue bookings.
• Preparing rooms for meetings, ensuring that all spaces are fully operational and are left in a tidy manner after meetings.
• Liaise with (Day & Evening) Reception and Café staff regarding venue bookings.
• Preparation and maintenance of venue related statistics (footfall, venue hire, revenue etc.).
• Administrative support to special events and activities.
• Any other duties that may be required from time to time.
Key Skills Required for Role:
• Excellent attention to detail
• Communication skills, ability to operate professionally and effectively at all levels
• Time management and a proven capacity for forward planning
• Word-processing and database management
• Ability to review, analyse and present financial reports
• High levels of initiative and ability to work without direct supervision
• Ability to facilitate, maintain and manage good working relationship between staff, volunteers, user groups and partner organisations
• Clear understanding of working with diverse communities and individuals
Some experience with Sage (Accounts Package) would be an advantage
Salary & Hours: Salary scale commences at €24,000 (39 hours per week). Salary will be commensurate with experience and number of hours worked, currently 19.5 hours per week for this position.
Place of work: The place of work shall be Outhouse, 105 Capel Street, Dublin 1.
Term: 1 year renewable contract (including 6 month probationary period).
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS: 6PM FRIDAY 31ST MAY 2019
• Outhouse CLG is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability or religious belief.
• Please complete this form in black or blue ink or type.
• CV's or similar unsolicited material will not be accepted in place of or in addition to completed application forms.
• Please read this form and any additional information carefully. Applicants will be short-listed only if they demonstrate that they meet all of the essential qualifications. If you believe you meet these, you must adequately demonstrate this in the space provided.We regret that it is not possible to provide individualised feedback to applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview and we kindly request that you do not call or email seeking feedback. Feedback is available for candidates called to interview.