Training & Quality Coach
Job Title: Training & Quality Coach
Reporting To: Head of Training and Quality
Status: Two-year fixed term contract, full-time
Location: Dublin 2
Salary Scale: €34,000 - €39,000 p.a., starting point on scale dependent on
Start date: Immediately
Probation Period: Three months
Benefits: 25 days annual leave (exclusive of public holidays)
Hours of Work: Full-time: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
To apply: Apply via https://workable.com/j/E0AB843BC8; no CVs accepted
About Community Creations
Community Creations is the not-for-profit company behind SpunOut.ie, Ireland’s award-winning youth information website. SpunOut.ie supported over 1 million young people in 2018. We are an energetic, dynamic and professional organisation run by young people, for young people, based in the heart of Dublin city.
Our mission to transform lives by improving access to digital resources is built on our strong belief that technology can help improve mental health outcomes in Ireland.
In 2019, Community Creations will establish a new remote active-listening text messaging service to support young people in moments of crisis. We’re putting together a team of passionate professionals to run the service and help young people in every community in Ireland.
About the job
The Training & Quality Coach is responsible for volunteer management within the crisis messaging service. The Coach is responsible for recruiting suitable volunteers for the service and performing the relevant reference and Garda clearance checks. The Coach supports volunteers through the completion of online training programme which equips prospective volunteers with necessary skills and capabilities to successfully provide the service in an effective and empathetic manner. The Coach is also responsible for receiving feedback from other team members about the performance of volunteers, and working with volunteers on any improvements or enhancements required to ensure high performance in the delivery of the service.
What will I be doing?
The Training & Quality Coach has responsibility for the following areas:
- Volunteer management: recruiting and onboarding prospective volunteers into the service, including assessment of applications and performance of reference and Garda clearance checks.
- Training oversight: Overseeing volunteers through the formal online training necessary for volunteers to develop skills such as (a) active listening, (b) managing crisis interventions when necessary, (c) maintaining an empathetic approach, and (d) understanding the practical necessity of good self-care when providing such a service.
- Providing guidance and support to volunteers: clearly communicating expectations and goals, monitoring volunteer progress in achieving their necessary training outcomes through the online platform, checking in with volunteers to provide support and encouragement, and mentoring or coaching volunteers on an ad-hoc, situational basis.
- Monitoring of volunteer feedback: relaying useful and actionable feedback from other staff members to volunteers to improve their performance and continually updating formal and informal training delivery based on volunteer feedback.
- Ensuring all interactions between volunteers and the organisation are positive and accommodating, that volunteer enquiries are responded to comprehensively and with a sense of urgency, and volunteers feel valued by the organization for the extraordinary contribution they make.
Who am I?
- Qualification: A relevant third level qualification or equivalent experience. A qualification in psychology or another related mental health field would be advantageous.
- Volunteer management experience: You have at least two years’ experience recruiting, onboarding and managing volunteers, ideally in a setting providing services to young people.
- Training oversight experience: Experience in overseeing a volunteer training programme and adherence to specific learning outcomes and being able to assess the achievement of such outcomes by prospective volunteers.
- Experience of volunteer support: You understand how to support volunteers to strengthen empathetic responses, deliver effective interventions, and maintain calmness under pressure.
- Experience meeting the needs of young people: You have relevant experience and a good understanding of the major issues relevant to providing a service to young people, including a working knowledge of relevant Child Protection legislation.
- Mental health experience: knowledge of and experience with the mental health field would be advantageous.
- A strongly empathetic approach: You want to help people and you understand how to do so in an empathetic, person-focused way; you are exceptionally focused on enabling others to succeed.
- A born organiser: You’re a natural multitasker, highly organised and detail oriented.
- IT experience: You are comfortable with using technology and interested its potential to drive positive mental health outcomes.
- A good communicator: You possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Flexible: you are flexible in your approach to challenges and can adapt your methods of working to suit a changing situation.
Sounds great, how do I apply?
Application is by online application form only & CVs will not be accepted. Please complete all fields of the application form. Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
To apply please complete this Workable application form: https://workable.com/j/E0AB843BC8.
Last day for receipt of applications is Monday, 22nd of April.
Be advised that any offers are subject to reference checks and Garda clearance.
Queries can be directed to [email protected]
* * *
The above job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to them from time to time.
All staff members are required to obtain Garda clearance as a condition of their initial and continued employment.
Community Creations is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All documentation received by Community Creations will be processed in accordance with the relevant applicable data protection legislation. The information will only be used in the processing of job applications and for ongoing administrative purposes with job candidates.