OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to success and help us to achieve our best potential as an organisation. We commit to Respect, Equality, Inclusion and Diversity. We strongly welcome applications from members of minority and marginalised communities.
ABOUT RETHINK IRELAND
Rethink Ireland is a national organisation supporting Ireland’s most innovative charities and social enterprises through cash grants and business supports. Every euro we raise in fundraising is matched by a euro from the Government of Ireland via the Dormant Accounts Fund. Since 2016, we have grown rapidly, working with organisations like Google.org, IPB Insurance, Bank of America as well as families, trusts and foundations to create 25 Funds and support 128 social innovations (up until end of 2019).
Our high-growth continues in 2020, as we gear up to manage 17 Funds this year alone, (including a €5.5 million Fund which supports charities’ innovative responses to the COVID-19 crisis) and well over 134 social innovations. We will also continue to pursue new funding opportunities, so that we can support more and more charities who increasingly face new challenges posed by this unprecedented pandemic. We believe Rethink Ireland will increasingly play a vital role in addressing our most critical social, economic and environmental issues in 2020 and beyond. And as Ireland continues to navigate through this pandemic, there has never been a better time to ‘re-think’ our country and make it a better, more inclusive place to live and work for all.
The purpose of this role is to lead the ongoing development of our Salesforce deployment. You will play a key role in ensuring the potential of the Salesforce platform is maximised across the organisation.
You will be responsible for executing on a day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform, project management system, and the integration of our different systems under Salesforce. This role will report to the Operations Manager and work across all teams.
- You will be the primary system administrator for Salesforce across all teams
- You will create and support solutions to drive business processes in Salesforce
- You will manage Salesforce data feed and other integrations
- You will assist in the creation and management of informative and compelling reports and dashboards that help drive insights
- You will complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- You will assist in the training of new users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organisation
- You will perform daily administration duties for the Salesforce platform
- Like all staff, you will act as an ambassador for Rethink Ireland at all times.
- Participate in training as requested
- Attend meetings and events as requested
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have a primary degree in a relevant area
- You have 2 years’ work experience that demonstrates your track record working in a Salesforce administrator role
- You have knowledge of Google Suite
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You are able to work collaboratively in a team setting
- You demonstrate the highest levels of integrity
- You are passionate about making Ireland a better place and are committed to Rethink Ireland’s mission and values.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of the environment for social enterprises, social innovations, entrepreneurship or the non-profit sector
- Salesforce certifications
- You have a strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps objects, formula fields, workflows and custom views
- We work with our hearts and our heads – we value compassion, passion and fun.
- We take smart risks and we allow permission to fail because we know that innovation and risk are two sides of the same coin.
- We believe that social change is a team sport – we use influence and engagement to build trusted relationships, and we choose to collaborate to achieve our goals.
- We demonstrate curiosity and a hunger to learn.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and we develop remarkable people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly believe that diversity and inclusion equate to success and help us to achieve our highest potential as an organisation. The work we do is underpinned by mutual respect, equality, inclusion and diversity.
In line with Ireland’s Equality Legislation we actively oppose discrimination, including on the following 9 grounds:
- Civil status: single, married, divorced, etc.
- Family status: if you’re the parent or person responsible for a child over 18, or if you’re the main carer or parent of a person with a disability
- Sexual orientation
- Traveller community
We also actively oppose discrimination against people experiencing socioeconomic disadvantage.