Fixed term: 1 year, 21 hours per week
Title: Policy Officer Location: Wilton Place, Dublin 2
Reporting to: Strategic Communications and Fundraising Manager
Purpose of the role: To support the development and delivery of the policy strand of work for Women’s Aid. This includes supporting the implementation of lobbying strategies and detailed plans to proactively progress the social change work of the organisation. This includes:
- Playing a key role in the Strategic Communications and Fundraising team and provide particular support to all policy initiatives and assist with the smooth and efficient running of the Strategic Communications and Fundraising Department.
- Supporting the co-ordination of Women’s Aid national, regional and local policy activities.
- Supporting the development of proposals for change in public policy that will impact positively on women and children experiencing abuse and contribute to preventing domestic violence.
- Strong interest in and commitment to tackling violence against women and children and to promoting equality.
- 3rd level qualification in relevant field (e.g. politics, social policy, Gender & women’s studies, Human Rights Law).
- Experience in developing policy or advocacy campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write for and present to a wide range of audiences.
- Knowledge of the policy environment within which Irish NGOs operate.
- Proven record of delivering on objectives.
- Good research skills.
- Proven project management skills.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in the NGO sector preferably in a policy or campaigning role.
- Extensive knowledge of legislation and policy (domestic and international) that relates to the prevention of violence against women and girls.
- Editing and Proofing Skills.
Salary: €23,586-€39,111 pro rata, based on relevant experience.
Annual Leave: 25 days per year pro rata.
Please send your completed and signed application form (3 hard copies) marked ‘Private and Confidential’ to: Cristin Rooney, Women’s Aid, 5 Wilton Place, Dublin 2; or email with the reference code in the subject line to: [email protected].
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm, Thursday 27th February 2020.
Interviews expected to take place on Friday 6th March 2020.
CVs will not be considered.
GDPR: All applications are confidentially processed and retained in accordance with the Women’s Aid GDPR policy. Applications of unsuccessful candidates will be deleted after 15 months.