Corporate Partnerships & Philanthropy Manager
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Philanthropy Executive is responsible for delivering income from Major Gifts and Legacy Giving.
We are seeking an outstanding individual with exceptional networking, leadership, motivation and requisite skills to drive the strategies in this area of fundraising. This is a demanding role that requires high levels of dynamism, energy and innovation.
- To work with the Head of Fundraising (HoF) and the Fundraising Department to achieve the mission of the Irish Red Cross
- Manage and monitor Irish Red Cross philanthropic activities. This involves a specific focus on legacy giving and major gifts
- Responsible for all major donor and legacy supporter development
- Work closely with Corporate Partnerships & Philanthropy Manager (CPPM) and Individual Giving Manager (IGM) to cultivate new major donors through different acquisition methods
- Working closely with the HoF and CPPM, develop quality funding proposals and timely donor reports
- Work closely with CPPM to identify, cultivate and develop mid to high level donors and legacy prospects.
- Ensure all activities comply with Irish Red Cross’s policies and procedures, relevant professional codes of conduct and standards, regulation and legislation governing charity activities
- Pro-actively identify, research and cultivate new and potential fundraising opportunities
- Fully brief and effectively engage the HoF where engagement of the Board and /or SMT is required
- Regularly report on fundraising progress to the CPPM
- Pro-actively represent Irish Red Cross for fundraising activity and/or at events where required
- Raise the income required to achieve the agreed targets in a cost effective and sustainable manner
- Other duties as assigned by the CPPM
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A minimum of 3 years proven and relevant experience in relationship fundraising
- Confident networker with the ability to forge strong relationships.
- Competency on all social media channels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High-level research skills
- Strong report-writing & IT skills – including CRM databases, Word, Access, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience of dealing with sensitive information in a discreet manner
- Flexibility and adaptability and a willingness to take on additional duties
- Flexible approach to working hours in response to varying demands of the office
- A keen interest and understanding of the not-for-profit sector as well as fundraising principles
- Experience in Major Gifts fundraising
- Proven experience of managing major donor relationships
- Experience in Legacy Giving fundraising
Job Family: Administration, Support & Development Grade 2
Salary range: circa €35,000
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to [email protected]
Please attach PDFs with file names in these formats:
<Surname>, <First name> - CV, Ref. PE
<Surname>, <First name> - Cover Letter, Ref. PE
Phone 01 642 4600
Closing date for applications: Friday July 8th at 12 noon