|Employer||Irish Girls Guide|
|Job Type||Communications Finance Human Resources Operations Stakeholder Engagement Volunteer Management Senior Manager|
|Location||Dublin and the East|
|Specific Location||National Office, Dublin 4 (may involve a small amount of travel outside of Dublin)|
|Application Form/Job Description||
Would you like to work for the Irish Girl Guides?
The Irish Girl Guides is a uniquely girl-only, youth-driven, active and dynamic organisation. It offers a varied and exciting programme for girls and young women aged 5-30, and opportunities for Leaders of all ages.
Irish Girl Guides is recruiting an Operations Manager based in National Office who will work closely with the Chief Commissioner and Executive Committee to ensure all regulatory and statutory obligations are met.
The job will include responsibility for implementing the strategic plan and activities of the organisation and representing IGG at meetings and events.
The role will involve the management of the National Office and of the staff, both national and regional, and the supporting of our volunteers. For further details, please click on the attached description above.
Key objectives of the role
- Ensure accountability and compliance
- Manage the staff and support them in their roles
- Manage the budget for all staffing and operational matters
- Develop new strategic partnerships and funding sources
- Support the volunteers, primarily the Board of Directors (Executive Committee)
- Report to the Chief Commissioner (Chair of the Board)
- Experience at management level in the voluntary, community or relevant sector
- A proven ability to deliver a strategy
- Experience of volunteering or working with volunteers
- Proven skills in leadership, human resources, planning and decision-making
- An understanding of the charity sector and the relevant regulations
- A track record in developing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders
- A relevant third level or professional qualification
If you wish to be considered for appointment to this position, please send a letter of application (no more than two pages), together with a copy of your CV including names and contact details of two referees, to [email protected] Please put ‘OM Application’ in the subject heading.
Closing date for applications: 5 pm, Friday 23 November
First round interviews: Week of 3 December