|Employer||National Advocacy Service for People with Disabilities|
|Job Type||Communications IT Operations Administration|
|Location||Dublin and the East|
|Salary||€24,407 - €33,567|
|Application Form/Job Description||
NAS-National-Administrator-Template-Application-Form.doc 73 kB
The National Advocacy Service for People with Disabilities provides an independent, confidential and free, representative advocacy service that works exclusively for the person using the service and adheres to the highest professional standards.
The service has a particular remit for people with disabilities who are isolated from their community and services, have communication differences, are inappropriately accommodated, live in residential services, attend day services and have limited informal or natural supports.
The National Advocacy Service is managed by a Board of Management and has responsibility for the delivery of an advocacy service for people with disabilities. The National Advocacy Service is provided through four regions and a National Office which is based in Dublin.
Greater Dublin: Dublin, Fingal and Wicklow
Northeast & Midlands Region: Cavan, Laois, Longford, Louth, Kildare, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Westmeath,
Western Region: Clare, Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Limerick, Mayo, Roscommon, and Sligo.
Southern Region: Carlow, Cork, Kerry, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Waterford, Wexford
Reports to: National Manager
Salary: €24,407 - €33,567
(It is anticipated that new entrants to the National Advocacy Service will be appointed on the 1st point of the scale however, incremental credit, should it be awarded, will be based on previous relevant experience as set out on application form).
Hours: The position is a permanent contract, full-time (35 hours per week) and may involve working some unsocial hours.
The successful candidate will be asked to obtain Garda Clearance before they begin work.
A national panel may be formed of qualified candidates from which Administrator posts which arise within the next 12 months will be filled, should vacancies arise in this period.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for clerical, administrative, bookkeeping and reception duties in respect of the National Service and supporting the National Manager in a wide range of activities.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
Support the National Manager administratively in the work of the National Advocacy Service
- Operate, the payroll system for all personnel of the National Advocacy Service for People with Disabilities including Pension payments
- Undertake bookkeeping duties related to the National Advocacy Service across all regions, including banking as required
- Maintain a full range of records/files
- Assist with financial monitoring/reporting in respect of the National Advocacy Service for People with Disabilities
- Arrange events and meetings, taking Board, sub-committee and other minutes where required
- Provide first point of contact for clients of the National Advocacy Service for People with Disabilities ensuring accurate recording of client details and that appropriate follow-on communication is attended to in each instance
- Deal with all relevant telephone, letter and personal enquiries and direct them as required to the appropriate individual within the National Advocacy Service, supporting clients with particular communication needs
- Assist the National Manager in preparation of reports and other documentation for the Board of Directors
- Ensure the National Advocacy Service has adequate stocks of stationery, publications, information leaflets, application forms, etc.
- Manage where appropriate the diary of the National Manager
- Undertake training as required to maintain and improve performance
- Participate and work within a Performance Management Development System (PMDS)
- Undertake such other duties as may be agreed from time to time with the National Manager.
Essential Education, Qualifications and Attainments
- Good general level of education
- Admin/office work/IT/document production. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of wide range of document production
- Knowledge of and skills in maintaining records/files, minute taking
- Knowledge and skills in accounting procedures
- Knowledge of operating payroll package
- Knowledge and skills in maintaining a database
- Telephone skills
- Dealing directly with customer matters
- Arranging events, meetings
- Excellent minute taking
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communication skills including ability to deal with a wide range of customer needs
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise own work to meet agreed objectives
- Ability to work as part of a team
Desirable Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Knowledge of operation of IT network and email
- Production of material packs for presentation and distribution
- Experience in dealing with community and voluntary organisations
- Ability to facilitate work of team members
- Flexibility regarding meeting agreed deadlines
- Ability to empathise with marginalised groups.
Required competencies for position
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively to meet targets
- Ability to produce good quality work, on time with due regard for accuracy/detail
- Uses available IT and other resources efficiently and effectively to ensure high standard of work
- Excellent customer service and communication skills including telephone skills
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent numeracy and associated IT skills - handles and manipulates numerical information accurately
- Understands the principles of accounting procedures and prepares accurate financial records
- Knowledge of and skill in maintaining a database and ability to keep records in compliance with legislation, e.g. Data Protection
- Actively participates as a team member.
The completed application form and a covering letter should be emailed (as an attachment) to [email protected] (stating ‘1905ADM’ in the subject line)
Shortlisting may apply.
Canvassing will disqualify.
Applications and covering letter must be typed. CVs, late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION:
29th May 2019
The National Advocacy Service is an equal opportunities employer.
Funded and supported by the Citizens Information Board.