Siel Bleu Ireland Marketing & Communications Officer (Maternity Cover)
Position: Marketing & Communications Officer
Reports to: National Manager
Contract Type: Minimum 8 months
Start Date: October/November 2021
Location: Siel Bleu Ireland Head Office, Temple Bar, Dublin 2
Siel Bleu Ireland is a social enterprise and charity who transform lives through exercise. We work with older adults, patient groups, community groups and people living with chronic disease, physical and intellectual disabilities. We offer both in person programmes through the traditional Siel Bleu Ireland offering and recently we have developed a new offering called Siel Bleu at Home, a fully remote programme of activity for older adults and people living with chronic disease.
Purpose and Function of the Role
Siel Bleu Ireland are seeking to hire a Marketing & Communications Officer who will be responsible for the promotion of Siel Bleu Ireland through the creation and implementation of marketing and communications plans for both Siel Bleu Ireland and Siel Bleu at Home. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the creation of all marketing content for Siel Bleu Ireland, both digital and print content.
The Marketing & Communications Officer will be an integral part of the Siel Bleu Ireland organisational structure and will report directly to the National Manager, while supporting the work of the Development Officer and the Siel Bleu at Home Manager.
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ previous experience working in marketing/communications, ideally in the non-profit sector, and a proven track record in meeting targets. They will have a solid understanding of how social media works, have a creative flair for writing, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of audiences.
- Social Media - Create new engaging written, photo and video content across our social media platforms and development of a social media calendar
- Email marketing - Creation of compelling Mailchimp newsletter campaigns and recruitment of new subscribers
- Website management - updating and editing where necessary based on Google analytics to drive traffic to the website
- AD Management - Management of all Google/Facebook ad campaigns and review of performance
- Media – Where required organise media interviews and appearances, recruit participant spokespersons and prep Siel Bleu staff for media interview
- Creation & Design – Create photographic, video and written content for promotion of both Siel Bleu Ireland/Siel Bleu at Hoe
- Promotion - Supporting the Siel Bleu Development Officer with the development of inspiring communication materials for the promotion of Siel Bleu Ireland communications to recruit new clients and individual participants. Seeking opportunities for promotion in both traditional and digital channels
- Siel Bleu at Home - Supporting the Siel Bleu at Home manager with the development and deployment of customer retention strategy, digital marketing and assisting with administration/scheduling of the platform
- Other - Supporting the National Manager with presentation preparation and other duties where required
- Communication - Responding to queries from the public in a timely and effective manner
- Education - Degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital Marketing or related disciplines
- Experience in digital marketing, social media management, communications or related disciplines
- Proficient in SEO, PPC, Google Ads, Content Management Systems, Adobe Suite, , Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Canva.
- A demonstrated track record in planning and executing digital campaigns including paid social media ads and analysing analytics to assess effectiveness.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating, oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills
- Creative with design and editing experience
- Shares Siel Bleu Ireland’s mission and values
- Good knowledge of Siel Bleu Ireland
- Prior experience or understanding of working with older people/people living with chronic disease
- Displays emotional intelligence, critical and strategic thinking
-Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Health Insurance
- Travel Expenses and any other expenses incurred
- Employee Assistance Programme,
- Subsidised Continuous Professional Development
- Bike to Work Scheme
Prepared by: Thomas McCabe & Carla Piera FitzGerald
Date: 2nd September 2021
To apply please forward a cover letter outlining your suitability and experience for the role. Also, please forward an up to date copy of your CV.