An Taisce - The National Trust for Ireland is seeking a Marketing and Membership Development Officer. The officer will be responsible for communication of An Taisce Advocacy activities, policies and campaigns, in particular the coordination of a summer campaign, to the general public and to An Taisce membership. The job will also have responsibility to enhance Membership Development.
Main duties of the post:
- In line with the An Taisce Strategic Plan, contribute to the development and maintenance of An Taisce internal and external communications strategies capturing the range of work and activities throughout An Taisce
- Coordination summer online campaign delivering on agreed targets and KPI’s
- Provide guidance to all volunteers and staff on utilising social media and other tools effectively.
- Act as brand guardian for the An Taisce identity to ensure consistency across all internal and external communications and documents
- Research, draft, and update An Taisce communications materials both internal and external.
- Management of An Taisce website and social media platforms, including the development of strategic focused content and monitoring of social media activity. Coordinate and manage output of the social media team.
- Develop Membership engagement strategies and liaise with Membership administrators to achieve agreed targets
Hours of work: 30 hours per week.
An Taisce is an Equal Opportunities employer
Expected Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Communications/ Journalism or Public Relations, Marketing or related discipline (or equivalent acquired learning)
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a similar role
- Experience of design, branding, organisational identity and messaging work.
- Experience of website development.
- Experience of developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating organisational communications strategies.
- Experience in online event organising, including livestreaming events.
- The ability to write clearly and accessibly, and to develop communicable key messages for a variety of stakeholders through various media
- Proven track record managing social media accounts across multiple platforms with an understanding of developing an organisational voice and using various analytics to gauge audience and reach
- Knowledge and experience of strategies for supporting and engaging stakeholders and supporters.
- Experience with design, video and audio production
- Website development experience
- Ability to work independently, while also being flexible and available to assist in other areas of the organisation if required.
- Experience of working for a not-for profit or non-governmental organisation or membership organisation
- Experience with Mailchimp newsletter.
- Familiarity with CRM software and databases
- An interest in environmental issues, climate action or heritage
Apply with a CV to [email protected] by 21 May 2021