|Job Type||Communications Digital Marketing Stakeholder Engagement|
|Location||Dublin and the East|
|Specific Location||Remote with Travel to Dublin Office as Required|
|Application Form/Job Description||
Internal Communications and Culture Manager
Fundraising & Communications
Remote w/ Some Travel to Dublin Office (as required)
6 month FTC - 35 hours per week
Salary: €52,815 per annum
Internal Communications & Culture Manager is responsible for initiatives to support our internal communications, culture and the embedding of services in Depaul. To provide Depaul’s internal audiences – including staff, volunteers and delivery partners - with communications which inform, educate, motivate and inspire.
- Curate, create and send communications to internal audiences including staff and managers across the organisation.
- Develop and create marketing material for new services that come in to the portfolio with support from the Fundraising and communications team.
- Create and maintain a communications calendar, working across the organisation to gain input from stakeholders and prioritise communication throughout the year.
- Follow brand guidelines and standards of communication, upholding Depaul’s brand principles and ensuring internal communications clearly support and convey our vision, mission and values.
- Competent creating, editing and issuing copy for communication.
- Devise and implement creative ways to convey messages to keep staff up to date with important news and to share information.
- Insure internal communications supports the Depaul brand ensuring they are aligned to the organisations vision mission and values
- Create new communications maternal for any new services with support from F&C dept
- Managing the compilation and distribution of internal staff newsletters, writing and editing content, arranging photography, overseeing design, print and production.
- Supporting the people and organisation department with the intranet and its content - proofing, editing and posting articles.
- Encouraging two-way and multi-way communication through, for example, suggestion schemes, workshops and social networking tools.
- Work with the F&C team to ensure all branding and communications material is created and in place for services and provide advice to employees regarding the organisation's branding and identity
- Supporting with the organising of events and presentations, which could involve booking facilities and equipment, preparing management slide-shows and presentations
- Share and promote the work of Depaul internally and externally where required.
- Support any new projects by providing specific and timely information to enable Depaul to engage stakeholders and bring about change in an effective manner.
- Work with the Fundraisings and Communications Manager to ensure consistency of voice both internally and externally
- Support the F&C team on promotion of services across media channels including website and social media.
- Represent the organisation and support in the development of key external relationships.
- Implement F&C policies and procedures that ensure embedding of policies and tools.
Culture Integration (VMV Integration)
- Supporting the induction process with P&O department.
- Promote the outcomes and successes of projects and staff to the organisation via effective and regular communications (internally & externally) in collaboration with other departments.
- Provide on the ground advice and assist with the implementation of change management initiatives.
- Empower staff authority, autonomy and accountability, through the promotion of a positive work environment conducive to effective teamwork, team leadership and quality services.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive leadership team, sharing knowledge and expertise to ensure best practice leadership and internal communications.
- Identify and encourage cross function/program opportunities for collaboration including supporting the P&O and services department in cultural integration
- Provide high quality, timely guidance, support and information on Community integration matters.
- Take part in the staff Vision mission and values Group, as a link between our people and senior management and convene and run regular listening groups across the organisation to ensure staff voice on internal communications is heard.
Work with managers to ensure Depaul’s VMVs are embedded throughout communications and they evolve as required.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
- Demonstrable experience in an internal communications role.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Stakeholder management; demonstrable experience of working in a cross-functional, collaborative team environment.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Journalistic or similar media qualification and/or experience
- Able to identify opportunities with F&C team for visual expression of our messages and for stories to be delivered through different channels to maximise impact.
- Current knowledge of a broad range of communication tools
- The ability to plan, prioritise a varied workload and proven organisational skills
- Self-starter and able to drive through projects
- Ability to manage multiple senior stakeholders
- Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to operate with sensitivity, tact, diplomacy and manage confidential information
- A proactive, common sense approach
- Proven ability to provide a customer-focused service
- Commitment to Depaul’s Vision mission and values
- IT literacy, in particular of using Microsoft applications and the capacity to learn new systems
Online Application Procedure:
Please download and complete the application form available on the employment page of our website
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail [email protected]
Closing date for all applications: Friday 30th July at 9:00am.