The Irish Red Cross is part of the Global Red Cross Movement.
The Movement is the world’s largest humanitarian network. There are 191 national societies.
Millions of people in 191 countries work, volunteer for, and support the Movement providing assistance to some 233 million people each year!
The Irish Red Cross is recruiting for an Individual Giving Manager in a key leadership position.
The roles main responsibility is to lead the development and management of Irish Red Cross individual giving programmes and activities, including cash appeals, general donations, online donations, committed giving, mid-level gifts and to increase income from these sources. It will explore and test new income streams from individuals and to increase supporter engagement.
With this being a new role, it offers the chosen candidate great scope to shape and influence the broad fundraising future and scale within the Irish Red Cross. This is an exciting time for the IRC, as we celebrate our 80th anniversary in Ireland.
We are seeking an outstanding candidate with relevant experience and exceptional leadership, ambition, motivation and requisite skills to drive the strategies in this area. This is a demanding role that requires high levels of dynamism, energy and innovation.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising to develop the new strategy for increasing income across all individual giving streams and then implement it.
- Manage Irish Red Cross existing fundraising programmes in individual giving in order to maximise returns from existing donor base
- Achieve the annual targets agreed for all areas of individual giving
- Prepare detailed income and expenditure reports for each area of activity, and interpret data in order to measure effectiveness and return on investment
- Assist the Head of Fundraising with preparing the annual budget. Prepare quarterly forecasts for individual giving income and report monthly on performance against targets
- Provide expertise and guidance on all matters relating to tax effective giving, including maximising income and work closely with the finance and fundraising team to ensuring CHY3 declarations are accurately made and stored
- Working with the colleagues who support communications and marketing activities to produce strong and compelling fundraising materials for a wide range of media
- Effective line management, professional support and personal development of the Individual Giving (IG) Team
- Increase levels of supporter engagement and stewardship. Work with the IG team to develop and implement a stewardship programme including regular newsletters, mailings and on-line activity
- Explore and test new methods for donor recruitment and increasing donations
- Lead on the growth and delivery of the nascent mid-level donors programme
- Work collaboratively across teams to help generate leads for corporate, challenge events and major donors
- Adhere, advocate and operate within the organisational values of the Irish Red Cross
- To perform any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Head of Fundraising
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A minimum of 4 years proven and relevant experience at senior level with a demonstrable track record of delivering strategic objectives and maximising income/ROI.
- Proven experience and success in Individual Giving and across all streams of Individual giving including acquisition, retention and engagement
- Strong leadership skills in leading a fundraising team
- Competency on all social media channels
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Report writing & IT skills – including CRM Databases, Word, Access, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience of dealing with sensitive information in a discreet manner
- Flexibility and adaptability and a willingness to take on additional duties
- Flexible approach to working hours in response to varying demands of the office
Please apply with your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject 'Individual Giving Manager'
For more information on the role, please contact Jocelino Jorge on (01) 642 4626