|Job Type||ALL COMMUNICATIONS JOBS Advocacy|
|Application Form/Job Description||
Shine-Application-Form-Head-of-Advocacy-Comms.docx 443.99 kB
ABOUT SHINE Shine’s vision is of an Ireland where all those affected by mental ill health have the right to recovery and the opportunity to achieve the best quality of life. Our mission is to promote individual and family recovery.
Shine is embarking on a new Strategic plan for 2019 – 2021. Underpinning this plan is the need to develop a strong advocacy and communications platform to support the ongoing work of all of Shine’s programmes. To enable us to fulfil our strategic objectives, Shine is seeking an outstanding communicator and influencer to appoint as Head of Advocacy and Communications.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Hours: 35 hours per week (some weekend and evening work may be required) fixed term contract for 3 years
The person will engage in all aspects of Advocacy and Communications under the direction of our new strategic plan and our communications policy and strategy. The post holder is responsible for coordinating across the organisation a range of activities to raise awareness of the diverse needs of people with mental ill health and their families to Government, other policy makers, services providers, the general public and the media.
Advocacy includes developing and making submissions, on the wide range of issues and topics relevant to individuals and their families and promoting greater partnership with other organisations.
Communications involves using and working with the media, social media, our website and publications including our monthly newsletter to support and achieve Shine’s strategic objectives.
SCOPE: The Head of Advocacy and Communications will engage with relevant staff across all programmes of the organisation to ensure the provision of effective advocacy and communications services.
The key responsibilities are:
- Supporting Advocacy and Communications needs of all programmes in the organisation.
- Development and implementation of Communications and Advocacy Strategy across the organisation
- Engaging in external communications across all programmes of the organisation and creating awareness of Shine and its services/activities.
- Manage the publication and promotion of all Shine materials.
- Development of Shine branding guidelines.
- Responding to media queries and maintaining good media relations.
- Acting as the primary media spokesperson for the organisation.
- Overseeing and moderating Shine’s social media, digital media platforms and website.
- Contributing to the overall operational policies and priorities of the organisation.
The person: The successful candidate will have;
- Excellent communications, presentation and writing skills.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in a communications or media role.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Irish media and the Irish policy system.
- Experience of developing and implementing successful communications and advocacy campaigns.
- Experience of digital marketing campaigns.
- A proven track record of team working.
Third level qualification in Communications, Journalism, Media Studies or equivalent.
A strong interest in mental health, advocacy and communications.
Application is by official Shine Application form ONLY. CV’s will not be accepted. Send your completed Application Form in Microsoft Word or PDF format to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 5pm on Wednesday 12th December 2018
Conditions of Appointment: All offers of posts are subject to Garda Vetting approval and completion of HSELand Children First E-learning programme prior to commencement of employment.
NOTE: Due to the anticipated large number of applicants, we will not be able to reply to unsuccessful candidates. We thank you for your interest and appreciate the time and effort you have taken to apply for the post on offer.