Reporting to the Marketing & Fundraising Manager, the Fundraising Executive will be required to develop and implement fundraising strategies at both the strategic and operational level while also achieving agreed net income targets for the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for the development and delivery of all fundraising channels. It is envisaged that Corporate Partnerships, Trusts and Foundations and Major Donors will be the key channels, with income also generated through Community Activities and Regular Giving Programmes.
Chime is the leading charity in Ireland providing social and care support services to people affected by Deafness, hearing loss or other ear related conditions. Chime has approx. 90 employees and is currently funding through HSE funding and social enterprises. We have identified an opportunity to develop a new income stream through fundraising that would support a number of important new services, improve the sustainability of the organisation and create opportunities for donors and supports to contribute to the success of Chime and ultimately help improve the quality of the life of those who need our support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Role
- Steward all existing major donors, providing high quality account and relationship management so they engage in the charity’s work and continue to support The Mix.
- Support the Marketing & Fundraising Manager in carry out all prospecting work for major donors/funders including donor research, prospect identification, propensity assessment, cultivation, relationship management, donor engagement and solicitation.
- Identify and develop appropriate relationships with high net worth individuals and their organisations to grow major gift income for the charity year-on-year.
- Work across the charity, especially with the service delivery directorate, to collaboratively create exciting and impactful projects for major donors to support and fund.
- Work to the Fundraising Targets and directorate KPIs set by the Marketing & Fundraising Manager and report on them.
- Manage the reporting, events and engagement activities associated with the major donors programme and its supporters.
- To keep abreast of and share developments in major donor fundraising and major gifts fundraising.
- To recruit, organise and inspire volunteers are required.
- Research fundraising opportunities and support the Marketing & Fundraising Manager with grant applications to charitable trusts or statutory bodies.
- To do other related duties to this role, as required.
The successful candidate
The successful candidate will be an innovative professional with exceptional networking and relationship management skills, will be comfortable identifying and pitching to potential donors and supporters, and would ideally have for following skills:
- Proven track record working in a fundraising environment or in a relevant private sector environment – sales, account management or business development.
- Experience in developing and implementing effective business development strategies.
- Excellent project management and problem solving and organisational skills.
- Experience working to short and long term targets.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills and a good understanding of donor care.
- Excellent communication, presentation and people skills, adaptable and flexible in manner and approach.
- Experience managing, monitoring and reporting on an agreed income and expenditure budget.
- IT literate and relevant experience working with a CRM database maintaining up to date and accurate records and running relevant reports.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant University degree or college diploma.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
This role is primarily based in the Organisation’s head office in Dublin, although the role will require some travel.