An Cosán is Ireland’s largest and most vibrant community education organisation, whose reach has expanded to national scale using technology to deliver virtual access to its range of learning programmes. Over the past year, it has earned the special status of an essential service and received substantial core funding awards. Its mission is to bring about social equality and end poverty by providing transformative education for underserved communities.
We are now seeking application from those who are energetic, motivated and innovative for the position of Finance Manager.
The Finance Manager will drive our mission by strategically managing the organisation’s resources, developing its financial systems and procedures, and manage day-to-day financial operations. Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for leading a team of five experienced finance professionals.
You will have excellent leadership and management skills, with a track record of developing robust business administrations systems in a dynamic environment.
- Driving excellence in the delivery of all financial activity at An Cosán, striking a balance between the operational and strategic needs of the role
- Manage and lead the finance team, ensuring resources are appropriately planned and allocated to meet business needs
- Formulate and implement the financial strategy to underpin the mission of An Cosán, whilst incorporating key performance indicators, internal controls, governance and tracking thereof
- Lead the production of Annual Financial Statements, representing a true and fair view of financial affairs, for the approval of the Board
- Develop policies, procedures and financial management systems to respond to and meet the changing regulatory and business requirements
- Lead and oversee all operational and cyclical financial activities, such as budgeting processes and annual audits
- Play an active role in ensuring robust funding proposals are prepared and ensure that the financial returns and outputs are maximised
- Support the drive to effectively manage relationships with funders and corporates and helping identify future potential funding streams
- Provide strategic input as an influential member of the Management Team, utilising appropriate financial reports and performance measures to inform strategic and operational decision-making
- Ensure compliance with all risk, tax and regulatory requirements
- Represent the organisation in all financial matters, both internally and externally, including participation in the Finance Working Group, a sub-committee of the Board
- Enhance the development of knowledge and understanding of financial matters across the organisation to promote the effective use and accountability for public funding
- Support the role of Company Secretary and ensure that An Cosán is compliant with SLAs, The Companies Act, The Charities Regulatory Authority (CRA), SORP and other relevant legal requirements
- Support the Corporate Services Manager and ensure that An Cosán is compliant with GDPR requirements
- Any other duties as assigned by the CEO
Essential Skills and Core Competencies
- Proven leadership qualities, with solid coaching and motivational skills
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal, together with solid negotiation, relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with a process improvement mindset
- Skilled negotiator and relationship builder with the ability to create strong and effective partnerships
- Accountable, can work on own initiative and with integrity
- Ability to proactively initiate and positively manage change
- Analytical, with strong attention to detail and focused on results
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach to work with good teamwork skills
- Efficient multi-tasker with excellent time management skills
Experience and Knowledge
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a senior financial role, with solid management accounting and financial reporting experience
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA/CIFPA qualified
- Experience in an environment with multi-funding streams
- Minimum 5 years in a senior leadership position
- Experience in process change and change management
- Excellent IT skills with MS Office, including Excel, to an advanced level
- Proficiency in Sage 50 Accounting and also CRM systems
- Experience working in a not for profit organisation would be an advantage.
- Affinity with and understanding of the importance of engaging learners and communities in realising their potential as equal members of a socially just society
For further information about this meaningful opportunity, contact An Cosán’s retained consultant, Neil Pope now on 01 640 1843 or [email protected]