|Job Type||Communications Digital Marketing|
|Location||Dublin and the East|
|Specific Location||172 Granby Place, Parnell Square, Dublin 1|
|Salary||€30,000-€33,000 p.a, depending on experience|
|Application Form/Job Description||
Facebook-Fundraising-Executive.pdf 99.22 kB
ActionAid is an international organisation working for social justice and supporting women and children in poverty.
ActionAid Ireland is looking for an experienced fundraiser or direct marketer to thoroughly test and implement a new Facebook fundraising strategy to acquire regular and cash donors. The role will involve sourcing and adapting creative assets, creating and managing Facebook promotions, managing media spend and adapting quickly to results. The successful candidate must show experience of working in a direct marketing role, particularly on donor or customer acquisition campaigns. Existing Facebook-fundraising experience is not essential – intensive practical training will be provided.
- Head of Individual Giving
- Communications, Campaigns & Digital Coordinator
- Fundraising team
- ActionAid Ireland team
- External suppliers: e.g. fundraising consultants and agencies
- ActionAid International and other AA teams
- As part of its strategy ‘Realising Rights for Women and Children Strategy 2017- 2021’ ActionAid Ireland is committed to mobilising resources to support our mission. A key part of this strategy is the cost-effective acquisition of donors through new channels.
- To systematically test, evaluate, adjust and roll out Facebook fundraising promotions to acquire regular and cash donors. Specific targets will be set, and reviewed on a weekly basis.
- To source and, where necessary, write/edit engaging content (video, stills, stories) as collateral for digital fundraising, primarily Facebook
- To set up Facebook pixel, campaign sets, etc and all tools necessary to effectively target potential donors and report on the results of each promotion within each campaign
- To manage the media spend within agreed budget and dependent on results
- Closely coordinate with the Communications Coordinator to ensure that the website is aligned with Facebook campaigns to facilitate optimum click-through to and completion of donation pages
- Work with Donor Care team to ensure optimum capture and utilisation of donor data and fulfilment of donor expectations
- Meet agreed targets and KPIs
- Diploma or higher qualification in fundraising, marketing or related discipline
- Demonstrable experience of working in fundraising or in a direct marketing role at executive or higher level for at least two years
- Experience in project management of paid campaigns to generate leads and convert them to donors/customers
- Ability to interpret data, measure and appraise KPIs, including paid media metrics and focus on results
- Other Experience, Skills and Attitude:
- Experience of digital marketing preferable but not essential – intensive practical training will be provided
- Ability to operate with a commercial perspective, appreciating the importance of using data and insight to support business
- Sound communications skills and the ability to interact with supporters and fellow staff in a friendly and personable manner
- Willingness to learn new skills
- An innovative and creative person, willing to contribute new ideas to the organisation’s work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter – demonstrated ability to work on own initiative and intuition
- Builds productive working relationships with co-workers and external parties, whilst valuing diversity (gender, race, culture).
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely; disseminates information about decisions and plans proactively.
- Acts in accordance with stated values; has strong commitment to develop, promote and practice AA Ireland’s values.
The contract is for part-time work, 2.5 days per week for an initial three months, which can be worked between the hours of 8am and 7pm Mon-Fri. The salary range for this role is full-time equivalent of €30,000-€33,000 p.a, depending on experience. Annual leave 25 days per calendar year pro rata.
This is an executive-level position that would suit someone keen to take a lead in fundraising innovation. The main purpose of this role is to test that Facebook can work for ActionAid to cost-effectively acquire new donors. If the three-month trial is successful, further work may be offered, but there is no guarantee of this.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future. Action Aid Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
How to Apply:
Applicants should complete and submit the attached application form to [email protected] by 9 am on Monday 1 April. Interviews will be held in Dublin in early April. This is a new post and the successful candidate will be asked to start as soon as possible.
If you have any questions in advance, please email [email protected].