By investing in cancer research and providing care and support to people affected by cancer, the Irish Cancer Society is stopping cancer in its tracks. Through ongoing research they are constantly improving their knowledge on how to diagnose, treat and stop cancer before its starts. By providing information, advice and support they are supporting people through their cancer experience and helping to reduce the fear of a cancer diagnosis.
The Irish Cancer Society is leading the movement for change and improvement in health policy, services and supports that affect cancer patients. Working in collaboration with Government, health professionals, communities and others, their staff are driven by a desire to make the experience of cancer a less forbidding one for the almost 40,000 people learning of a cancer diagnosis every year, and ultimately to stop cancer.
The Irish Cancer Society are now seeking a Community Fundraiser (Leinster South) for a maternity cover role. The Community Fundraiser will be responsible for the coordination of community fundraising activities in the Leinster South Region (Dublin South, Wicklow, Wexford, Carlow, Laois, Kilkenny) to deliver budgets, targets and income in line with national and regional plans and strategies.
The successful candidate will drive, support and facilitate the development of the volunteer networks and fundraising groups across the region. They will ensure the development and delivery of local fundraising plans and activities and national campaigns (Cups Against Breast Cancer, Daffodil Day and Relay for Life) and promote awareness of the Irish Cancer Society’s work in assigned communities.
In order to succeed in this role, the Community Fundraiser will ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – written and verbal.
- Strong empathy with and compassion for the Society’s volunteers and supporters, and a passion for putting them first.
- Self-starter with initiative and drive and an ability to work independently, think creatively, and identify opportunities.
- Ability to set and work to specific targets, budgets and plans.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise your own workload.
- Diplomatic and tactful with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse range of people.
- A team player with an open and flexible attitude.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and demands.
- Confident public speaker.
- Computer literate including use of databases and Microsoft Office suite.
If you're a creative, self-starter with a passion for networking and excellent communication skills, we would love to hear from you!
How to Apply:
The recruitment campaign for the role of Community Fundraiser is being managed exclusively on behalf of the Irish Cancer Society by specialist not-for-profit sector, recruitment consultancy Charity Careers Ireland.
If you would like to find out more about this role, email [email protected] to request a full information pack prior to making your application.
Deadline for applications: 5pm on Friday, 14th December