An Cosán is Ireland’s largest and most vibrant community education organisation, whose reach has expanded to national scale using technology to deliver virtual access to its range of learning programmes. Over the past year, it has earned the special status of an essential service and received substantial core funding awards. Its mission is to bring about social equality and end poverty by providing transformative education for underserved communities.
We are now seeking application from those who are energetic, motivated and innovative for the position of Adult Education Manager.
The Adult Education Manager will drive our mission by setting and implementing the adult education strategy for all learning streams, including face-to-face, blended and online adult community education. Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for managing a high performing and award-winning Education Team.
You will have excellent leadership and management skills, with a track record as an education professional developing and delivering transformative teaching approaches.
Essential Skills and Core Competencies
- Excellent leadership qualities, with solid coaching and motivational skills
- Proven communication abilities, both written and spoken, with active listening
- Ability to deliver on both strategic goals whilst not losing sight of the operational requirements of the role
- Practical negotiating and influencing skills
- Results-driven and consistently strives to work to a high standard
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills with the ability to assimilate relevant information to arrive at the correct course of action
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively as a positively engaged leader and team member
- Capable of initiation, management and closure of change programmes
- Skilled in building relationships and networks with colleagues and stakeholders whilst seeking to build consensus and manage conflicts
- Flexible, whilst being highly organised with good time management skills
- Creative questioning and solution approach to challenges
Experience and Knowledge
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership role within education
- Knowledge and understanding of policies, systems and operation of Access, Further and Higher education, including the quality assurance requirements
- Experience and commitment in creating a productive educational experience for learners
- Relevant experience in developing funding proposals and a multi-stream funding environment
- Proven track record of delivery on project goals, reporting outcomes and optimising funding relationship
- A relevant qualification in Education, Community Development or Social Studies at Masters Level
- Understanding and commitment to the educational ethos of An Cosán
- Experience in community education
- Affinity with and understanding of the importance of engaging learners and communities in realising their potential as equal members of a socially just society
- Experience in blended teaching and educational technologies
- Good financial knowledge with prior experience of managing departmental/project budgets
For further information about this outstanding opportunity contact An Cosán retained consultant, Neil Pope now on 01 640 1843 or [email protected]