The Asthma Society of Ireland (ASI) is the national charity dedicated to empowering Ireland's 470,000 people with asthma. During the 40 years since the Asthma Society was founded there have been significant developments in the fight against asthma, however, there is still much to be achieved in a country with the 4th highest prevalence of asthma in the world and where we still see one person die every week from this condition.
Our vision is that every person in Ireland will have access to the best possible asthma services, and will have the best support and information available to help empower them in managing their asthma. Our goals are focused around fighting asthma.
We are now seeking a driven Research & Advocacy Manager to join our team.
The Role: The successful candidate will work closely with the CEO to develop and deliver research and advocacy plans in line with the aspirations of the Society. We’re looking for a research and advocacy professional who understands how to influence both decision-makers and the public so we continue to make a positive impact.
Person Specification: The ideal candidate will understand the main issues on the Government and the Opposition agendas and should have good political antennae in order to support the Society and identify opportunities and risks within our work. You should be a first class communicator, with the ability to build productive working relationships and write persuasively for a variety of audiences.
In order to succeed in this role, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong written/oral communication skills including a proven track record of tailoring messages and outputs for a variety of audiences and presenting messages clearly and persuasively through different outputs
- In-depth understanding of the policy and campaigning landscape and the ability to deliver compelling policy research outputs for a range of audiences
- Experience conducting high-quality policy research by developing, delivering and disseminating projects from beginning to end, coordinating as necessary with colleagues across teams and external organisations.
- Comfortable with public speaking and meeting facilitation
- Excellent administrative and project management skills, particularly in an environment with competing demands and overlapping projects
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, establish and accomplish priorities when faced with multiple tasks, work to strict deadlines, and pay close attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide array of constituencies and personalities
If you are a highly motivated research and advocacy professional with the ability and desire to press for policy change at a national and local level informed by solid research, we want to hear from you!
The recruitment campaign for the role of Research & Advocacy Manager is being managed exclusively on behalf of the Asthma Society by not-for-profit specialist recruitment consultancy Charity Careers Ireland.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please email recr[email protected] to request the full job description and information pack prior to making your application.
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday, 26th October 2018