Diabetes Ireland is the national charity dedicated to helping people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes and their families. Through its professional staff and network of volunteer support groups, Diabetes Ireland provides a wide array of services which covers all aspects of the condition under the key organisation pillars of Education, Support/Care, Awareness and Research.
They are now seeking an experienced Operations Coordinator to join their committed team.
Reporting to the CEO, the Operations Coordinator will be responsible for managing the administrative workload of Head Office, developing and implementing initiatives to improve office efficiency, supporting Senior Management, and acting as committee secretary to the Board of Directors.
This is a varied role which requires a dynamic professional who can show ability in a range of areas including:
- 3 – 5 years’ previous experience in a similar role preferably within the not-for-profit sector
- Solid administrative experience including minute-taking, database management and report compilation
- Line management experience
- Numerical understanding and financial administration – the ability to read, understand and work with financial documents and processes
- A high standard of written English with previous experience compiling reports
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements within the not-for-profit sector (e.g. Governance Code, Charities Regulator, GDPR, SORP)
This post offers extensive scope for the right candidate to develop their skills and talents and work closely with the CEO, Board, and Senior Management in developing operational strategy and delivering a wide range of projects and outcomes for staff and service users.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to the success and development of a motivated workforce and the day-to-day running of a busy charity. If you have the ability to work independently and proactively, manage your own workload, and respond flexibly to the needs of the team and wider organisation, this could be the role for you!
The recruitment campaign for the role of Operations Coordinator is being managed exclusively on behalf of Diabetes Ireland by not-for-profit specialist recruitment consultancy Charity Careers Ireland.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please email [email protected] to request the full job description and information pack prior to making your application.
Closing Date: 5pm on Wednesday, 21st February 2018