Founded in 1991, Breast Cancer Research (formerly NBCRI) is a national charity that raises funds in support of world-class breast cancer research at the National University of Ireland, Galway. By funding this research, we aim to positively impact future outcomes for breast cancer patients.
The role is a 6 month fixed term contract for Maternity Leave cover from May 2018. The Fundraising and Communication Coordinator will work closely with the board to build fundraising and communications strategy across the charity. The focus of the role will be to secure new supporters and volunteers and build on existing relationships in order to generate income, develop loyalty, and raise awareness for the charity.
- Develop and implement the charity’s fundraising plan.
- Cultivate new and maintain existing relationships with individuals and businesses in order to raise funds.
- Plan and execute existing and new fundraising events with a view to increase income. Identify, cultivate, solicit, and manage prospects through ongoing business development and
- Represent the charity at events around the country in order to generate new supporters, maintain existing supporters, and build brand awareness.
- Manage the charity’s international walk programme, including planning andmanaging participants.
- Develop and promote the charity’s fundraising campaigns.
- Identify and enlist key fundraising volunteers.
- Provide support and tools to volunteer fundraisers.
- Develop and execute supporter recognition and stewardship plans, ensuring accuracy and completeness of records in donor database.
- Compile and share detailed reports and performance analyses.
- Participate in relevant training and development courses.
- Boost awareness of the charity and important work carried out through eﬀective marketing communications.
- Lead online and oﬄine communications, including social and traditional media engagement, email marketing, website, blogs.
- Work with external graphic designer to develop event and campaign marketing and promotional materials.
- Keep abreast of the charity landscape in Ireland and fundraising techniques used in the sector in order to identify areas for leverage and opportunity for the charity
- Manage third party service suppliers achieving value for money and adherence to purchasing guidelines.
- Provide oﬃce support as needed.
- Third-level degree qualification in commerce, marketing, or similar discipline.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a fundraising or marketing communications role.
- Track record of successfully delivering ambitious fundraising targets and elevating the public profile for a charity.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Confident in making high-level presentations.
- Experience engaging with the local and national media.
- Excellent digital marketing and social media knowledge and skills.
- Proficient in fundraising databases, everydayhero, WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Microsoft Oﬃce.
- Experience in budget management.
- Full clean driving licence with access to private transport.
- Flexibility to work on weekends and evenings as required.
- Passion and empathy for the cause.
- Ability to self-motivate, take initiative, and work independently within a collaborative team.
- Natural relationship builder and networker with an ability to identify opportunities for engagement.
- Innovative and creative approach, with solution-oriented problem solving skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and skilfully manage multiple projects.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent planning, organisational, and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of a small charity and shift priorities accordingly.
- Demonstrates commitment to the charity’s purpose.
- Oﬃce is located in the Symptomatic Breast Unit, University Hospital Galway; flexible work location may be considered.
- Full-time (39 hours/week).
- Temporary part-time contract (6 months)
- Competitive salary.
- Includes a laptop to be used for work purposes.
- Normal vouched business expenses incurred in the performance of the role in line with charity expense policy will be reimbursed.
To be considered for this role, suitably qualified candidates should send a CV and cover letter stating how they meet the above requirements to [email protected].