Would you like the opportunity to work with a leading Irish national voluntary organisation?
Enable Ireland is a leading national voluntary organisation which provides services for people with disabilities and their families, in partnership with the HSE and other State and voluntary agencies. The organisation is active and focused on meeting its Data Protection obligations.
This is a very interesting and exciting time for anyone with expertise in Data
We have a great career opportunity for a Data Protection Officer who will be based at one of Enable Ireland’s many locations. It is a part-time post (.5 WTE) for a fixed period of three years.
The DPO will be the primary point of contact for Enable Ireland and its employees, services users and their families, regulators and the public for issues relating to data protection matters, data access requests and Freedom of Information (FOI) requests.
- The DPO will, in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), project manage all Data Protection processes and requirements, ensure and monitor compliance with the GDPR and other European and national legislation and policies.
- The DPO will take an independent view on matters of processing, interpretation and conclusions of Data Protection as reflected in Article 38.3 of the GDPR.
The successful candidate will have:
- Level 7/8 degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in any of the following: administrative/training/data management capacity
- Specific experience in Data Protection or a regulatory/compliance-based role
- A specialist data protection qualification at certificate or practitioner level; CIPT, CDPO, CIPP or equivalent
- Previous engagement with data protection authorities
Informal enquiries to Ms Renée O’Donovan:
- Email [email protected]
- Telephone: (021 429 0434)
Closing date for receipt of applications is 4.00 pm on Tuesday 27 March 2018.
Interviews will take place in Dublin on Thursday 12 April 2018.
We would love to hear from you if you have a passion for working with our organisation and have the relevant experience/skills required for this specialist role.
Enable Ireland is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Applications accepted only on Enable Ireland application forms - click here. We do not accept CVs.