(1) Staff Grade or Senior Clinical Psychologist 19.5 Hours - Waterford /Wexford
(2) Staff Grade or Senior Clinical Psychologist 19.5 Hours - Clare and Limerick
We are currently recruiting for the position of Psychologist. This is an opportunity to join a developing and dynamic inter/multi-disciplinary team. The post is in a residential and community rehabilitation service for adults with a wide and varied presentation of ABI. It offers the successful candidate a unique opportunity to put a wide range of their skills into practice: cognitive and neuropsychological assessment, group work, therapeutic work with clients and families, positive behaviour support, liaising with external services and agencies, and research opportunities. The psychologist will have a key role in consultation and care planning with rehabilitation staff, and also looking towards the strategic development of psychology services and services as whole within the team.
- The senior clinical psychologist on the team provides clinical supervision.
- Training in neuropsychological assessments will be provided.
- Psychology meetings are held regularly and are registered for CPD credits with the PSI.
- A competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and the market.
The role of the Psychologist will be to assume responsibility for psychological assessment of clients within the Organisation and potential clients, involved in the design and provision of rehabilitation programmes and support of clients, families, staff and others, provide professional/clinical support to other frontline professions as appropriate, and to develop new innovative responses on behalf of the Organisation to the needs of clients with ABI and their families in the general community. The post will be based in Waterford but will require regular travel to some of the neighbouring counties.
The successful candidate will have the following Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant doctorate qualification in clinical or counselling psychology, which is recognised by the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in the disability sector.
- Experience in completing psychological assessments and delivering psychological interventions / supports.
- Excellent communication and team-working skills.
- Excellent record keeping, report writing and MS Office skills
- Full clean driving licence and use of a vehicle required
This is a permanent, part-time position for 19.5 hours per week. A full job description is available from our HR Department
Any person who wishes to apply for this role should do so by submitting their CV, together with a cover letter which highlights the specific relevant experience for the role to: Lorraine Maher, Human Resources, Acquired Brain Injury Ireland, 64 Mulgrave Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin at [email protected] / 01-2804164
Acquired Brain Injury Ireland is an equal opportunities employer